Friday, April 29, 2011

Birthday wishes for my mom, from Team Teal

Welcome to my mom's birthday post.


Today is my mom's birthday and I wanted to do something special for her. You see, my mom has cancer, and these are some tough times.

Back in February my brother {Ron} posted a Facebook status on my mom's first day of chemotherapy, and in his status he coined the term "Team Teal." {Teal is the color that represents my mom's type of cancer.}Several weeks ago, I offered up a little giveaway {with strings attached}. The deal was that I would send the recipient a teal cancer awareness band, and that recipient would in turn reach out to my mom in prayer, thoughts, spirit, email, snail mail, or blog post for her birthday. My intention was to create a circle of thoughts and prayers that wrapped around our planet. I wanted blessings coming at her from every direction.And you know what? It worked.I sent seven teal bands to England, one to Ireland, one to Australia, and eight to various parts of the United States. I also passed out teal bands to my Arizona family, my work family, and my local friends as well.The response has been overwhelming. My mom has already been delighted to receive several lovely handmade cards from all over the world. These have helped to brighten her days when she has really needed a lift. And for that alone I am extremely grateful.So today, as we celebrate my mom's birthday, I want to thank each of you who have sent thoughts and prayers and good tidings to my mom and our family. We are touched and humbled by your kindness. Some of my sweet blog friends are participating in a birthday-link-party for my mom. At the end of this post you will find links to those who are joining in today. {Thanks SO much, ladies!!!}and Happy Birthday to my amazing mom, Marti!!!






25 comments:

humel said...

Happy Birthday, Deb's Mom! xx

traci said...

happy happy birthday to your mom!!!! a beautiful woman who raised a beautiful daughter. i will continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers!!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Marti :-)

Deb, this is a superb celebration for your Mum, I hope she has a wonderful day!

JO SOWERBY said...

happy birthday marti and have a fabulous day xxxxx
Jo xxx

Sian said...

Happy Birthday Marti x

Cheri said...

Happy Birthday Marti!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom, I hope you have a lovely time. x

Valerie said...

Awesome post sis!!! Mom will truly be touched by this---you are amazing! Happy Birthday MOTHER!!

Mom said...

Tears at 6:40 AM? Is that normal? My thanks to all the Team Teal members and those who are just nice people who joined my on-line party! Your prayers are so appreciated and your support of my family is amazing. And the Team Teal banner is so beautiful! It's now hanging in my house as a constant reminder that I have precious people behind me in this battle. Thank you, Deb, you are amazing and very loved! xoxo

janae @ jelly roll said...

Happpy Birthday Marti, you are amazing!

Valerie said...

I am leaving another comment because I read ALL of the blogs and some I was not able to comment on-(computer wouldn't let me for some reason)---but I just wanted to say that these women that you have met are insipiring, thoughtful, loving, kind, wonderful....Mom is going to LOVE this! Thanks to everyone who participated in Mom's blog birthday party--wow--for once I am speechless! I want to blog now!!!
Love you!

Denise said...

Happy Birthday Mama Turtle- Hope it was ok to join the circle Deb x

Becky said...

Deb, I have been visiting all the Team Teal blogs and I have to say I have been really moved reading everyone's stories and thinking about how much we can all help each other, even though we are thousands of miles apart. Wishing your Mum a wonderful birthday xx

Maria Ontiveros said...

Happy Birthday Marti!
And, Deb, thanks for bringing us all together today in a wonderful day of celebration and bonding.
With much love,
Rinda

Alison said...

Deb, this is a wonderful thing to have organised for your mum's birthday...hope you don't mind me gate-crashing! Happy Birthday Marti-hugs from Spain xx
Alison xx

Cheri said...

Had to come back after making the rounds (15 links at the time) and reading the comments on my own post and just say what a learning experience this has been. Seems all of us bloggy friends share personal experiences in the cancer department and we learned a lot more about each other through this process. Makes me wish even more fervently that we can find a way to eradicate this disease from the planet. I truly hope our children don't have the same experiences with cancer that we all do!

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom! This is amazing! People can be so kind, can't they? Imagine 100 years ago having total strangers praying for you. I'll have to remember that when I complain about technology!
Hope you know you're all in my prayers!

Rhona said...

Happy Birthday Marti! Have a wonderful day :)
xx

Clair said...

Happy Birthday Marti! My post has been up for most of the day, but I've been out and unable to link up until now.

You all know that you are in my thoughts. Much love x

dianapena8 said...

Happy Birthday!
all those blog posts in honor of Marti are so sweet and wonderful :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Deb for allowing us all to be a part of this wonderful celebration of Moma Turtle's birthday. I love your banner and your post is beautiful.xxx

Beverly said...

Happy Birthday Marti! The banner is beautiful. I am sending up a special prayer for you tonight :)

scrappysue said...

A little late posting, but I hope your Mum had a very wonderful birthday and very many more to come! Hugs from Dubai x

Rachel Brett said...

I'm a bit behind with my blog reading :o I just wanted to say Happy birthday Marti and what an amazing lot of posts I have read for team teal, I wish you well on your recovery journey x x

Lisa-Jane said...

I'm catching up on my reading and I saw some of the great things that your friends made in honour of your mum. I think that banner is incredible, a wonderful idea and a stunning piece of decor. Best wishes to Marti and yay for Team Teal!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...